Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re a seasoned sailor or you’re stepping aboard for the very first time, it’s totally normal to have a few questions. To make it simple, we’ve gathered the most common queries we get from our guests.
If you don’t find an answer below, please feel free to contact us directly! We are always happy to help.
We have a maximum of 10 guests per tour. This includes children.
We have a variety of locations where we can pick you up. Please refer to the ‘Recommended pickup locations’ list below for further information.
If your location (restaurant, hotel, museum, home address) is not in the list, you can always ask us for info on the nearest location.
Recommended pick up locations:
- Central Canal District (Prinsengracht 397)
- Singel North (Singel 5)
- Singel South (flower market) (Singel 446)
- Homo Monument (Keizersgracht 198)
- Near Dam Square (Singel 258)
- Near Haarlemmerstraat shopping (Herenmarkt)
- Leidseplein (Leidsekade 101)
- Museum van Loon (Keizersgracht 672)
- Golden Bend (Herengracht 466)
- Near Utrechtsestraat shopping (Amstelveld 10)
- Near Rembrandt square (Amstel 178)
- Hermitage (Amstel 51)
- City hall / stopera (Amstel 180)
- Carré theatre (Amstel 115)
- Cafe Waterkant (Marnixstraat 246)
- Jordaan district (Lijnbaansgracht 156)
- Heineken Experience (Stadhouderskade 78)
- Waterloo square (Zwanenburgwal 36)
- Central Station (Stationsplein 51 – 53)
- Museum district (Museumstraat 1)
Yes, we love meeting your furry friends!
Skipper Paap is in popular demand and we totally understand why!
However, Skipper Paap cannot be in two places at once. This means that some tours will be guided by one of our other talented skippers.
Don’t worry, though! All of our skippers are equally skilled, knowledgeable, and professional. You will be in excellent hands no matter who you set sail with on your tour.
1. Do you offer catering on board?
We do not offer catering on board, but you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks for no additional fee.
2. Are we allowed to bring some wine?
3. Will you have a wine opener?
Yes, we have a wine opener on board. We always got you covered!
5. Will there be soft drinks available?
We may have San Pellegrino or Coca Cola soft drinks on board. As we can’t guarantee what will be stocked on the day of your tour, you are always encouraged to bring your own.
Yes, you are allowed to bring a stroller.
Our boat is very comfortable in all weather and can be closed on all sides.
Additionally, our seats are heated and we offer cabin heating.
If you still wish to cancel despite these accommodations, we understand and will offer you a refund.
Please cancel at least 4 hours before the tour is scheduled to depart.
Unfortunately, we do not have a wheelchair elevator on board and the boat is not big enough to place a wheelchair.
There are a few steps as you get on the boat that can feel steep to some. We are happy to assist you as you board to ensure that you feel safe.
Depending on the pick-up location, there are likely to be some steps that you’ll need to walk down to access the boat. You can always contact us to request a more accesable pick-up location if needed.
There are a few places in Amsterdam where you can park. For parking in the city center, the Marnixstraat garage is your best bet. We can even pick you up for your canal tour at a dock located right beside the garage.
We do not offer catered dinner cruises, but you are very welcome to bring your own food on board. We’ve had guests bring sushi platters, pizza feasts, charcuterie spreads, and more! The possibilites are open to your imagination.
We have hosted many company tours with great success. There’s no better team-building activity than setting sail on the canals with your colleagues!
Naturally, we offer a tax invoice for your administration.
Although it’s possible, it would be a very long tour (minimum 4 hours) and quite pricey. We can, of course, discuss this with you if you’re determined! Please contact us directly.